Sunday, April 18, 2010

Look out, she's got a gun!


Epic Battle 2, originally uploaded by Andria Meredith.

A big gun, at that!

I have a cousin who is really into Airsofting and was able to give me a little info on it.Don't know what it is? The name actually refers to the guns used, a variety of gun replicas that shoot little plastic pellets, known as Airsoft guns. They hurt like hell but don't do much damage! The act of Airsofting is usually a sort of military simulation that's used both for actual training and for recreation.

Now, you'd probably never show this much skin in a real army game, but I figured since it was SL, why not? One thing that surprised me though was how hard it is to find good, cheap camo. It was all either pretty poorly made with bad seams and weird patterns, or was made for real combat RP-ers and quite costly. I had a couple of friends who said the place to go is Tonktastic. The stuff was really well done, but it was a bit out of my price range. Still, if you're actually looking for this stuff, go there!

I ended up settling on these shorts from WorldWide Industries. They were L$175, which was do-able. I paired it with a simple gray tank from Dutch Touch and some of J's Engineer Boots, which I've had forever. They're my go-to boots for everything, and are still available for L$400 at J's. I did splurge though and get a new hair from Truth! It just went too well to pass up!


Epic Battle 1, originally uploaded by Andria Meredith.


Shorts: L$175 from World Wide Industries
Tank: L$75 from Dutch Touch
Boots: Engineer Boots from J's
Hair: Tahlia in Latte, L$250 from Truth
Skin: Elle BL Pale, Group Gift from Belleza


I know the colors on the pictures are a little hard to see, but I wanted to make it look kind of swampy and dark. Like I'm slinking through the jungles of 'Nam!!

Since I'm behind a week I'll be doing double duty this week... I'll need to find outfits for AP Lit class, and going to a concert.

No comments: