Thursday, March 4, 2010

Skirts!

SL and my computer finally decided to get along for a few minutes. :)

I started out this week with the goal of finding something every girl's closet should have at least one of: a swishy, soft skirt. So I sat down on Monday and went through my favorite stores, and pulled out ones worth checking out. And when I think cute and girly, I think DP*Yumyum, so I went to check it out.

I was surprised when I got there, because the store seemed so small! I even checked the creator's profile picks to make sure I was at the main location. I was. And their skirt selection was not only smaller than expected, but... kind of plain.

















There were a couple other skirts there but not what I was looking for. Next stop was a perennial favorite of mine, Cupcakes! I did find a couple cuties there that I was considering for a bit.

















But in the end I thought I could do better. So I headed off to Zaara's. I knew they'd be a little more pricey than I was looking for, but I've seen few places with better soft, swirly skirts. As always I had a hard time leaving empty handed and found another contender.

















I found a few more places with skirts that I liked, but they weren't quite what I wanted. So I went on Xstreet and found a little store called Hanamachi.

















I ALMOST left with one of their skirts. But then something happened.

A very beloved friend whom I've been meaning to get ahold of and haven't yet (shame on me!)commented on here. Which led me back to her blog, which introduced me to a store I wasn't familiar with. As always, Alicia Chenaux is a gamechanger. On her blog I saw a pretty tartan skirt from Bublee Bing and popped over on a whim, and I found love.


















Not only is it prim perfect and gorgeously flowly with lovely textures... it's my FAVORITE COLOR. <3

At L$275 It was a little more than I planned on spending but I got it anyway. It also comes with the other two skirts pictured there, so if I count all three they were L$92 per skirt. Haha. ;P
























Soooopretty. I had to fly out to somewhere with lots of flowers and trees and sky just to do it justice.

So adding in the stipend I forgot to consider and subtracting the other purchases I wasn't supposed to be making, I'm currently at L$1082. I haven't decided what my next quest is but after dancing around in all those flowers I think it might have something to do with gardening. :)

Also worn in the picture:
ruffled camisole from Cupcakes
dirty denim jacket from Magi Take (an ancient group gift)
Shanti in champagne from Maitreya Gold
Skin: Allure smoked in lace from Cupcakes
Hair: Akira from Truth
Poses: Long Awkward Pose (in both)

1 comment:

Alicia Chenaux said...

Oh yay! Bublee does such amazing textures, but yes, she can be a little bit on the pricy side. Worth it, though, when you find something you REALLY want. :)