Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yes, I'm a bad blogger.

Yes, I did promise a post and pictures about my skirt shopping experience this afternoon. And yes, it is well beyond afternoon and no, I don't have a post and pictures for you. I have a reason for it though!!

See, my computer is old and basic and doesn't really have the power and the graphics it needs to run SL very well, but I do it anyway. And so, SL and my computer tend to bicker a lot, and sometimes stop talking to each other, which is what they did tonight. After a lot of fuss I finally go SL to come back and talk it over, but they were both still grumpy and wouldn't rez any textures right. I couldn't take pictures of my lovely skirt because someone else's lips were on it half the night.

So, intead I took my laggy, mismatched behind to look for some poses. I figured I could sacrifice a few lindens for a couple poses to make my pictures look nice, and so I wouldn't have to do this entire project hijacking someone's photosphere. I made a pretty good haul, I think.

I went to Long Awkward Pose first, because my always-eager-to-help group told me they were the bomb-diggity for photo poses. I snagged a bag of pretty nice freebie poses and bought about 3 more awesome ones when out of the blue I get the message Penny Dreadful Arcade is closing and almost all of their poses are L$10. (Or you can buy the whole lot of them for L$1000.) I went and picked up a few more. I think overall I spent about L$125, which I consider money well spent. Now my pictures will be pretty!!

On the topic of pictures, that one in my last post has to be the most unposed, unprocessed, unplanned blog picture ever. That was taken on a bench outside my Linden Home, which I don't think even has any poses in it, and went straight onto the blog because I was about to make myself late for work. ;P

And I promise as soon as my ass loads I'll have pictures of my skirt!

No comments: